14 Days of Love #5

Good thing I have things to love today.  I kind of tanked parenting.  I forgot Andrew.  Although- I didn't technically forget him.  I just didn't realize when Doug said he had a meeting, I was going to have to pick him up from practice.  I mean- it was probably pretty obvious- I mean, Doug had a meeting . . . therefore, I would obviously have to pick up Andrew.  Somehow I missed that.  When Alexa and I were making a mad dash- and I mean mad dash- out the door to get Andrew, she asked shrilly, "MOM?!!! WHAT IF YOU HAD LEFT HIM THERE ALL NIGHT?!!"
"Alexa! I wouldn't have done that . . . I don't think. I would have noticed eventually.  Right?"

So . . . I was reminding her to wash her hair. I reminded her- while she was IN the shower last night, but she forgot . . . within the 5 minutes of me telling her, while she was IN the shower.  After I reminded her tonight, "WASH YOUR DANG HAIR!"  She rolled her eyes, and said, "Mom! I won't!" I said, "You better not.  Otherwise I'll forget you at school tomorrow."

She didn't think that was as funny as I did.

Anyway- here's what I love today:

#1. I love to play harmless, practical jokes on people.  I co-teach in a classroom during 2nd period.  The teacher had put a sign on his air conditioner/heat unit "Do Not Touch the Controls" way back a few weeks ago.  That sign has haunted me the entire time I've used that room.  I mean- that sign is BEGGING me to touch it.  BEGGING. ME.
Today I staged a photograph, and then left the picture on a document on his computer.  :-)

Last week, a co-worker knowingly parked in my spot (because someone parked in his spot.  ** Technically we don't have assigned spots.  My spot is claimed.  Next I will decorate it with glitter to be sure people know it's mine.  Anyway, when I walked into our office, he laughed, knowing I would be aggravated that I had to park somewhere different.  I got the last laugh buddy. I got the last laugh.).  I parked close to his driver's side door, so he would have to shimmy into his car.  hehehehe :-) 

#2. Alexa's Girl Scout Troop.  I'm proud of her participation with a group of girls that are diverse and still fun.  I love the moms that are part of it.  We also bring diversity- and are okay with our differences.  I love that she's part of a group that is promoting positive girl relationships, positive interactions in her community, and girls can do and be anything.  I didn't think I was a feminist . . . until I was the mother of a daughter.  It turns out, I kind of am.  



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .