Yet Another Embarrasing Story. . .

Today's post is NOT child friendly- I repeat- NOT child friendly. 

You are going to see that I am a 35 year old women with the mind of a 15 year old boy (I am my father's child, which means it is very unlikely I will ever grow up and mature- thank goodness!).  We are currently building a new, bigger, better, and more fabulous play set for Andrew and Alexa.  Well for some reason, building projects bring out my trashy side and the entire time we're working I feel compelled to make sexual innuendos. 
Doug is clearly more mature than I am- and just rolls his eyes at practically all of my very witty comments.
I mean honestly- it's so easy!  There are always lots of screw jokes and wood jokes.  For example- the other day I was having to use the drill (which I am not very good at) and I was supposed to be drilling quickly because Doug was holding a very heavy board.  However, I was giggling about having to screw fast.  Hahahahahahaha
Well for some reason all of these opportunities for sexual innuendos brought up this memory from 8th grade.  I was playing softball and clearly one of the younger more immature girls on the team.  I don't remember the conversation at all, but remember they were talking about "69" and I didn't know what it meant- so I asked.  Those mean, horrid girls suggested I went home and ask my parents.  So I did- at what I think may have been the dinner table.  Yes.  You read that correctly.  I did!!!!!  I don't really remember my parents response to this.  I vaguely remember my father saying (with a straight face) where did you hear that?  And then suggesting I go back and ask the girls again. 
I would like to take a second to applaud my parents for their maturity because there is no question in my mind if Andrew comes home and asks this- I will totally and completely fall apart- giggling.  I will have to leave the house and Doug will have to handle this situation. 

Comments

  1. And this is why we are friends. Screw fast!!! Hahaha. I like the reading post about Andrew too, he really is brilliant, maybe soon he'll move up to Anton Chekov...bwahahahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .