Don't Judge . . .

I went for my morning run/walk (run 2, walk 2, run 2, walk 2, run 2, walk 2, get to the top of the hill, pant, heave, gasp, turn the corner away from home and keep going, run 2, walk 2, etc)  For some reason my Chi Omega sisters popped into my head.  Yep, I was in a sorority in college and I am proud of it.  If you're a sorority hater- don't stop reading.  This post isn't necessarily praising sororities, but it is about woman friends. 
I was thinking about them as adults.  I was thinking how they've turned into such accomplished, smart, classy women that influence me still, but in even more positive ways. 
Obviously in college they influenced me- not always negatively.  However, there was always someone who was willing to ditch some homework (or class) for something more fun.  They influenced me in more positive than negative ways.  Many of my friends were actually quite studious and I didn't want to be the loser with the lowest GPA, so . . . I did actually study and didn't skip class (except for German- that professor was a total kook). They helped me to know that you don't wear pearls with t-shirts and white shoes after Labor Day.  ;-)  They taught me the importance of friendship.
Now many of them I have gotten back into contact with through Facebook.  It is here that I realize what amazing, dynamic women they are!  I am amazed at the passion they have for their causes. The information I have recieved from them- unintentionally, has helped me as a teacher and parent. I am amazed at the class they have.  I see their pictures and I am so impressed by how put together they are.  I am amazed at how brave they are. They have done things in their lives that I would never try because when it comes down to it, I am not remotely risky, but I very much like living vicariously through them.  I am amazed at the savvy business women they have become. I can't believe their craftiness, parenting skills, or general creativness. I can't believe the things they are able to accomplish in a day, week, or month. 
They still influence me, motivate me, and cheer me on and for that I thank them because I realize my friendship with them has reached far beyond my Winthrop years and for that I am most thankful.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .