To Do Lists

I went into this weekend with a long, unreasonable list of things I would get done.  I knew when I made the mental list, I would never accomplish it all, but here's how it looked:
1. make video of students getting ready for the Special Needs Prom
2. create their homework assignment for the week
3. make the weekly newspaper
4. do other school work
5. get the ironing finished and put the ironing board away
6. update my Moodle page
7. finish the laundry
8. clean up the kitchen
9. clean the floors
10. clean the bathrooms
11. make the grocery list and go to the grocery store
12. fix dinners
13. repot indoor plants that need to be repotted
14. finish planting my annuals
15. mow the lawn
16. print out pictures so that I can finally have a few of Alexa up along with all of Andrew's (what can I say- she's the second kid!!)
17. relax
18. make a new recipe of brownies
19. fill in mentor logs
20. exercise

So, did I get half of that stuff done?  No.  But I did hang out with my kids a lot, laugh with them (and at them a few times- because they are pretty darn funny) and even though I am glad I did- and had a good time, I can't seem to shake the feeling of inadequacy and frustration at not completing my over acheiver to do list.  If this is my weekend list- you do NOT want to see my summer to do list. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .