Men are from Mars

We had a strange dinner tonight- in that Doug and I sat down to eat- and no kids were at the table with us!  Nope- we weren't at a restaurant,  and it was only 5:45pm.  It was just a strange dinner at home.  Alexa ate a little before us and Andrew wasn't hungry until hours later.  So while we were sitting there- just the two of us- with Alexa crawling under the table and finding pieces of Andrew's apple from lunch (GROSSSS!!!!), and Andrew was outside, we decided to talk about Andrew's upcoming birthday.  The big question: What are we going to get him?!!!  So Doug throws out some of his ideas: a four wheeler, a mini dirt bike, and hey- he's getting close to the age where he can get a bb gun.  I wish I could put into words my mental responses to this, but there aren't really words to "What the hell?!  Seriously?!  And while we're at it, let's get him a machete and a boa constrictor." 
I was thinking more along the lines of a non montorized bike that started out with training wheels- and then eventually gets them removed- with a well fitting helmet and maybe elbow pads and knee pads.  Plus I saw this really cool toy at the educational toy store that . . . oh who the heck am I kidding?  My ideas are totally lame and Doug's rock.  But- just cause they rock doesn't mean Andrew's getting 'em.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .