The Farm Table

Years ago . . . like maybe 10-15 years?  I don't know, but years ago, Doug brought some boards to our house, that came from his grandparents house.  We had reclaimed wood, before it was trendy.  It sat in a pile in a corner of the garage.  I asked what we were going to do with it, if we were ever going to do anything with it, if we could get rid of it . . . the answer was always, I don't know, and no we can't get rid of it.  Hmmm.

The thing is this.  I cannot stand piles of things that aren't being used. I am not a hoarder.  I doubt I will ever be a hoarder.  Unfortunately, my kids and spouse are.  One day about 10 months ago, I became aware of the farm table trend, and the rest is history!

Doug could make us a new table with the boards that were stacked in a corner in our garage.  It made me happy because the stack would go away, we would get a brilliantly cool table, and Doug would have a project.  He's always happy when I think up projects for him . . . so I tell myself.  Anyway- it turned out better than I hoped!!!!

We had to go pick out boards for the bottom.  


This is one side of the base- not finished.  

Isn't it AWESOME?!  And it's not even painted!

Getting closer

Just have to trim up the ends, to make them all the same, so that Doug can attach the bread boards . . . see below if you don't know what a bread board is.  

Where his hand is- is the bread board

We didn't stain it.  We put several coats of a clear, satin polyurethane on it.  I wanted the grains of the wood to show.  

The finished bottom!

The table in the house, with a few of the chairs we have found.  The chairs are a work in progress.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A True Artiste

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A Disaster Waiting to Happen!