Training Doug

It has taken me 10 years plus the 3 were dating to train Doug to do . . . . absolutely nothing!  But that's ok, because I am hopeful that one day he will realize that my way is always the right way.

Things I have failed at:
1. stocking the dishwasher.  He insists that the dishes must be thoroughly rinsed before you put them in the dishwasher.  I say- no, you're just wasting time and resources.  And just to prove him wrong- I leave globs of ketchup on plates to show him that it doesn't matter- the dishwasher is a high powered, cleaning machine and will clean the plates.  He says I am the reason why the plates and silverware are dirty.  I say- empty the dishwasher sometimes and you would see I am right.

2. ironing.  He- by far- creates the most ironing and yet he hardly ever does the ironing- he has, in fact, trained me to always do the ironing.  Do you know how?  By working so slow it makes me insane and I just take over.  I can't help myself.  There is no way it should take a person that long to iron a pair of pants and it's painful to watch, so I shove him out of the way and take over. 

Yesterday I took another stab at training him.  See, I was lucky enough to raid my neice's closet this past weekend.  So I was putting the new additions to Alexa's wardrobe in her dresser and Doug walked in- to make fun of me for being so . . . organized in how I was . . . filing the clothes.  I decided he needed to be instructed in my organization method, on the off chance I ever let him pick out what she wears.  Here's how the interchange went:

Me: Just so you know- outfits are matched and put in this drawer (and I kindly gestured to the 3rd drawer)
Doug: eye roll
Me: separates are in this drawer. (and I kindly pointed to the 2nd drawer)
Doug: look of "Is she for real?"
Me: say it back to me.  This drawer is . . . ?
Doug: looking bored and slightly annoyed: "outfits."
Me: Good!  What's this drawer?
Doug: very rude verbal response that is not appropriate for a family site. 

However, I felt victorious this morning because when I put an OUTFIT on Alexa he sarcastically said, "That must have come from the 3rd drawer." 
And they say you can't train an old dog.  (hehehehe)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .