I'm A Super Nice Wife.

Y'all- you should just take a minute and pray for Doug.  Here's what you should pray for: continued patience with his wife.  Pray for his sanity that I don't one day tip him over the edge.  Pray one day I will treat him with the love and respect he deserves, because he somehow got tangled up with one feisty gal. 

Sometimes I feel sorry for him.  I mean- he's this sincere man, with nothing but good intentions.  He's humble and kind and sweet to me, and I'm . . . devilish and pushing the man's buttons, and busting his chops. 

Here's the story- and FYI- I've been laughing to myself about this since last night.  I got my haircut yesterday.  He knew that.  But when he got home, my hair was up in a pony tail because I had gone walking.  Eventually I took it out and I am pretty sure he felt like something was different- but I didn't tell him what is different.  See, I got a very subtle inverted bob.  I LOVE it.  LOVE it!  I can't wait for it to grow, get trimmed again, and be even more pronounced. 


This picture does not quite show that the front is indeed longer than the back- but it is.  I promise.  It's so cute and I love it so much.  Anyway- when I took my hair out of the pony tail- Doug was staring at me.  But I didn't say anything.  Then later- he stared at me.  Then later . . .   Y'all- I let that man stare at me, and wonder.  I don't know for sure that he's wondering this- but I'm pretty sure he's wondering:  Does she know her hair is longer in the front and shorter in the back?  Do I compliment this?  Is that right?  Did she want that?  Cause . . . her hair is uneven.  I let that man be torn on whether to address my hair or not.  And laughed at his dilemma.  I mean what kind of wife does this?!  Me.  I do.  

Poor Doug.  Poor, poor, poor Doug.  His life is a trial- and I'm the root of it.  And even though I feel bad- I've hidden a fart machine somewhere in this house- and I'm going to get him with it.  :-) 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .