Tired

Pretty much every parent is saying the exact same thing . . . we're tired.  One time many years ago, I was speaking with a woman about my age.  Her child was still a toddler.  She is not an educator.  She didn't realize I was, and therefore her rather . . . controversial opinion was not intended to get a rise out of me.  She was merely sharing her opinion that there is no reason for schools to follow the schedule that we do.  We're not longer an agriculture society.  And frankly- kids should go to school all year round- with no extended vacations.  They're not necessary.  I was STUNNED by her.  First of all- she was an educated human being.  She had a doctorate.  Owned her own business.  But I have literally never met someone so self involved.  She had no concept of . . . anything (Her husband proved to be equally as moronic, when I told him I was a special ed teacher in title 1 school.  He thought I was a specialized teacher in a private school.)  Then I thought- "Huh, I don't actually speak with anyone who is not somehow involved with education so . . . maybe these are the people that talk so much crap about the education system and teachers?" 
Anyway- I wonder, now that that woman's son is no longer a toddler and she probably has to prep him lunch everyday (or hire a nanny that does that) and get him up every morning and is she still thinking kids don't need a break?
They do.
We do.
We all need breaks.
We're hanging by a thread y'all. 
I tried to talk Alexa into buying lunch tomorrow and later in the week- heck, buy it everyday.  I don't even care if you eat that food.  Typically, she is allowed to buy once a week.  It's a special privilege.  Girl wouldn't take the gift horse I was offering.  Dang it- guess I'm prepping a lunch. 
I'm too tired and bored to go buy Andrew BORING turkey lunch meat one more time for his sandwich and we're all out.  I guess he gets pb&j. 
I haven't vacuumed in a week.  I have done laundry- but that was only when it reached crisis point.  Alexa's mess is escaping me. I can't keep up with it anymore.  I'm too tired.  I can't figure out if I need a solid day laying around doing nothing, or a week off of school? Will that work? I don't think so, because the stress will still be there.  I'll still feel scattered, and overwhelmed.  There's so much to think of: school stuff, kid stuff, gifts, more yard projects, plan our summer so that my kids aren't bored, and arrange our vacations, and I should exercise, and plan meals.  It's too much.  I'm too tired to do all that.  So- I'll blog, prep my morning coffee, and go to bed at 9pm. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .