Finally- i'm an Adult

Today is December 8.  There are 17 more days until Christmas.  I am not anywhere near, into the bulk of the season.  There's a LOT of treats to be had.  There are parties to attend, treats to be made, families to visit. My digestive system is already acting like it does AFTER Christmas.  What the heck y'all?!

How rude that I'm talking about digestive issues.  I should be embarrassed.  I should have the manners to not talk about such rude topics.  Well y'all, the purpose is not to talk about digestive issues, the purpose is . . . how I am already suffering, and how it's happening more quickly into the season, and I think it's due to age.  I am a whopping 40 years old.  I'm ancient.  :-)

I realized last evening things had reached a dangerous point.  I had to make some significant changes today.  Pronto.  I know my triggers.  I can handle them in small doses.  But, have I already over-indulged?!  How annoying.  It's putting a real damper on my typical over eating.

What's funny is- with my immediate changes- my stomach is so much more comfortable this evening. Way less bloated, gassy, and the poisonous gases have disappeared.  I know it's silly and I'm being somewhat flippant about this, but this situation is sort of making me feel my age.  I'm 2 weeks past Thanksgiving and I'm already done in.  What a bummer- for my mouth and my soul.  A relief for my pants and my stomach.  Clearly those two win in this battle.  Another sign of age- I'm making the more responsible, but less fun choice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .