Hotel-o-phobia

I have discovered that I am developing a phobia of hotels.
This weekend we went to the big city of Marion, NC for the State 6-U All Star Tournament.  We stayed in a hotel, to the thrill of my children. Not as much to me.

Hotels skeeve me out. It doesn't really matter what rating you have, 5 star all the way down to the 2 star (let's be honest, I've never been in a less than 2 star quality hotel. I am a boring middle class person like that) creep me out.  The notion of sleeping on a bed that hundreds of others have slept on, sweated on, and various other things I do NOT want to think about, is disgusting to me 

I know the cleaning staff doesn't clean the comforters after every customer, so maybe one night some random, seriously sweaty  person fell onto bed, in a drunken stupor and slept on top of the bedspread, where they drooled all over it.  Then, the next night I check in and set my stuff down on random strangers dried up drunk drool or worse my children rolled around and wrestled in random stranger's drunk drool. ICCCKKKKKK!!!!!!

I try to rationalize with myself that hotels have to answer to the Health Department, so there must be some level of cleanliness (I've seen my current hotel's Health Department rating), but it does not ease my issues.  I have considered bringing my own linens, pillows, and bed spread but I think that borders on weird. Not that being weird has ever stopped me before.

Tomorrow the cleaning staff is going to discover a few washable marker stains on our sheets, as Lulu was very busy markering on herself.  I found marker in her ear this evening.  She's a maniac with a marker. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .