Told You So!


When you look at this picture are you thinking: "Man!  What a cute, purple jacket?!"  That's what I thought when I wanted to desperately to buy it . . . way back in 8th grade!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, friends.  I have had this jacket since 8th grade!!!!! 

Here's the story.  I decided tonight to clean out my closet.  Boy did I clean it out!!!!  I was so motivated, I went from my closet to the coat closet and cleaned it out.  I stumbled upon this jacket.  And thoughts of, "Hah!  I was right and Mom was wrong!!!"  thrilled through me.  I was transported back to 8th grade when I so desperately wanted this jacket and my mother (foolish woman that she was back in 8th grade.  Now she's quite a bit smarter.  Age will do that, I guess.  ;-)  thought it was a frivolous purchase, that I wouldn't get any wear out of it.  I mean- what could I possibly do with an unlined, nylon jacket?  Wear it.  And periodically over the last 21 years- email, call, text her, haunting her to prove that one time I was right and she was wrong. 

I bet my Mom is so glad she let me buy this jacket so I could aggravate her about it over the last 21 years.  ;-) 

Love ya Mom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .