HEALED

Nothing makes you enjoy your bed more than spending the previous night on the couch. Doug had a nasty stomach virus on Wednesday and so I quarantined him to our bedroom all day and since there was still a haze of virus germs in the air, despite my practically choking him to death with excessive Lysol spraying, I slept on the couch. It sucked. Every time I wanted to turn over, I woke up. 

Tonight I was thrilled to be in my bed again especially since my new 400 thread count sheets were bleached and fresh out of the dryer.  My comforter had been Lysoled and aired on the deck all day. It smelled and felt so fresh.  I had my rice bag, heated, and keeping my toes toasty warm. I was so cozy and tired from the not so quality sleep of the previous night, I fell asleep immediately. 

Sometime a few hours later in my sleep heavy brain, I heard a knocking and suddenly, I promise I am not making this up, a book hit me square on the side of my face!

Doug flies up and is turning on lights, trying to figure out what in the heck is going on. I am laying there laughing like a freak. I have tears rolling down my neck, I am laughing so hard. It took me forever to calm down.  I would be laying there all calm and then suddenly I would bust out laughing and then I'd say, "Ok, I'm going to stop laughing," but then I'd start back up again. 

After 3 or 4 more times of me rolling around laughing, Doug's like, "Seriously Kate!"  I tell him, "I'm trying to think of ways this could have been even funnier!" and Doug says, "You mean like if a mouse were running around up there and knocked the book down?".  Ahhh, no. "No, that's not funny. And now I feel a bit icky, and I am debating on making you really investigate things up there."  Then he says, "Like if it was one of the Bibles that fell?" and then he smacks his hands together and yells, "HEALED!". And then I am laughing and rolling around again.

I tell you it's hard to settle down and stop laughing after that. 





Comments

  1. I thought Alexa might have taken lessons from my Cristina and tossed a book at your head.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .