Searching . . .

Clearly I didn't do games with my kids that had them develop skills to look for things.  I should have made cleaning up a game. "Can you find all of your . . . ?"  Usually when they're "cleaning up" I'm either nagging them by pointing out everything that's scattered all over the house.  Or I've already gathered it all and put it in a big pile (emphasis on big for Alexa). . . . Or done a better job with Easter Egg Hunts. 

My kids have done 3 "hunts" this Easter.  My parents came up on Good Friday and we celebrated birthdays and Easter.  My mom "hid" Andrew's eggs.  We were pretty sure a toddler could find them. Andrew HATES looking for things.  He doesn't have the desire to look- even if there's a fairly good amount of money in them.  It's sooooo hard to put your hands in containers, or look behind picture frames.  Or . . . everything. 

We're doing our final "hunt" this morning.  I told my kids on Saturday- I had stuff for them, but we'd do it when we got back from visiting Doug's family.  I have hidden 6 eggs around the house, and a "basket."  He's meandering, scanning the room.  "It's not there."  "Alexa took all the easy ones." (Well- she did get up at 7:30 and look without whining.).  "Alexa probably got more money."  "Yep- that's exactly what I did.  I gave her $15 and I'm only giving you $1 because she looks without needing help.  You figured it out." 

Well- we've cancelled out another possible career . . . detective.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .