Peaches

I LOVE peaches. Like LOOOVVEEEE peaches. I eat at least one a day between the months of June through August- minimum. Some days-like today- I eat 3....ish. Yesterday I drove to another county to get some (a good 45 minutes away) because last year they were even better than my usual produce stand. They were so juicy. Seriously, the juice ran down my arm to my elbow. They were so sweet. Like nectar from the gods, sweet.
This year has been a particularly good crop. I haven't gotten a bad peach yet. If you've gotten a bad peach, did you buy it at the grocery store?  Probably. Even when they say "local" you're still getting the same batch of peaches that get sent to the unlucky regions of the country that don't get to experience the delights of a fresh South Carolina peach.  Those Georgians like to brag about their peaches- like they're known as The Peach State or something- but South Carolina peaches really are the best.
Here are some of my favorite ways to eat peaches:
1. By itself. In all its singular glory. I usually peel it, but sometimes I'm too lazy.
2. This is one of my particular favorite ways. I toast a slice of bread, while it's toasting, I cut up a peach. Then I slather the toast with some Nutella, layer the peach slices on the Nutella. That is one doggone good breakfast.
3.  Cut up a peach. Get some Vanilla Bean ice cream, top it with the cut up peach and a drizzle of Hershey's syrup. Mmmmmm
4.  Cut up peaches with a dollop of cottage cheese.
5.  Today I tried a variation of a PioneerWoman recipe. She used apples. I will most likely do it her way in the fall, when I eat North Carolina apples. (Regional pride much?) She posted this on Snapchat. I don't do Snapchat, but her recipe showed up on my Instagram (isn't social media fun?) she took a puff pastry, cut it in half, line cut up peaches (that I did add sugar to, and a smudge of cinnamon). Baked it at 425, for 15 minutes. Oooh this is another delicious way to eat peaches.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .