Hard to Come By

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, "Privacy is hard to come by in this house."  Is it because it's a small house?  Is it because we're a family of 4?  Is it because we don't have a lot of inhibitions?  Well that last one is definitely not it.  We're all trying to get privacy, but Alexa doesn't abide by the common rules of privacy.  She barges in the bathroom on me, as if I've forgotten her (I have not.) 

Andrew has recently started desiring more privacy.  I believe it started as a way to escape his loud, temperamental sister. Then he realized, "Huh, it's sort of nice to be in my room with my door shut and no one nagging me, or making me stop doing something fun" or "Huh, Mom was right- it is better to use the bathroom with the door shut." 

Privacy in the bathroom is almost as hard for Andrew to come by, as it is for me.  Alexa frequently busts in on him.  (I have 2 feelings on that: dread for the confusion of potty training, and hehehe, the little sister is getting the big brother.)  The other day, she really got him though. 

Andrew got one of those Big Blaster water guns for his birthday.  One afternoon when we got home, he stood in the driveway shooting my car, the tree, the trashcan, etc.  Alexa LOVED it.  Something about that watergun was hillarious to her.  I won't lie, I was only about 25% tuned into them.  I was switching out laundry, unloading the car, fixing drinks.  They came inside.  I was standing in my room folding laundry.  I walk through the living room and discover Alexa has brought the Big Blaster watergun into the house and has shot a big stream of water all over the couch.  Uhh, I sure wish I had been paying at least 60% attention because surely I would have noticed the water gun come into the house.  Before I can really do anything, she has hefted the Big Blaster up, and busts in . . . the bathroom on Andrew.  There poor Andrew is: defenseless, trying to take care of some private business, and his sister busts in on him with a Big Blaster water gun!  Needless to say, there was a LOT of screeching from both parties.  What did I do?  Collapsed in a heap, crying I was laughing so hard at the absurdity of a 2 year old hefting a gigantic water gun around, busting in on her brother, his fear at getting shot while completely defenseless, and how Alexa's got him again.  Andrew has absolutely no hope with her.  None. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .