If I Get An Idea . . .

 Are y'all familiar with the children's story, "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" by Laura Numeroff?  If not- here's the basic premise.  The little boy, gives his mouse friend a cookie, but the mouse decides it needs some juice to go with the cookie, and the juice reminds him he likes apples, which then he has to go do . . . anyway.  By the end of the book, the boy and the mouse had many adventures all because the boy gave the mouse a cookie.  There are several similar books: "If You Give a Moose a Muffin," "If You Give a Pig a Pancake . . " anyway.  

Let me preface this story by saying . . . everytime I say "need" please know- I don't actually need any of these things and I am 100% fully aware of that, which is why I was getting so frustrated with myself.  

The other day I was sitting on my couch and thought, "I should move my coffee pot."  Right now it's sitting on a make shift coffee spot, on a piece of furniture.  It's a perfectly adequate spot.  Except . . . wouldn't it be great if my coffee pot was on the counter, near the fridge?  It would be more efficient to wash it, and in the mornings, I would be able to see what I was filling up more easily because I'd be near the nightlight- as I don't turn lights on when I'm drinking coffee and coming to terms with the day.  

But, if I move the coffee pot to the counter, then I need to clear a space.  I could take the knife block off the counter. Wait- I could downsize the number of knives we have, and I could put them all in a drawer. Hey- if I clean out the knives, I really need to clear out our water cannisters.  We have approximately 17 metal water bottles.  WHY?!  Who actually needs that many????  That would be great if I could either get the water bottles into the drawer or under the sink- that would make a lot more room for . . . well, that's not important.  I better look at Pinterest and Amazon to see what my options are for knife organization and water bottle organization.  

Actually- no.  I really need to be working on my graduate school classes.  

Okay.  Wait.  Once I put all the knives in the drawer, it's really messy.  I need storage bins to keep them separated by size.  The ones I ordered from Amazon were not right. I went to Walmart and found some- but didn't get enough. I still need just one more.  However, the water bottle organizer I bought from Amazon was perfect- but . . . somehow I need to convince my family that . . . we need to downsize.  They hate downsizing.  I think 12 water bottles is a perfectly acceptable amount.  

If only I could think about this graduate class.  I will- as soon as I get things organized.  My brain will be much more able to focus on that class, if I know my house is organized.  

Now that I got the water bottles out from under the sink- I could move something from the hall pantry into that spot- and that would give more space in the hall closet for . . . who knows what?  Wait- I could get the cooler and Andrew's baseball water jug and put them in the hall closet and off the top of the fridge!!!!  

Now I feel so much better, I can work on that project that's due . . . tomorrow???!!!!!  (just kidding.  I have a week before it's due! Plenty of time to procrastinate!!!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .