2 Months?! We Need To Catch Up

 Wow.  I am a terrible blogger.  I just went 2 months with not a word.  I didn't even tell you how the "No Processed Sugar" situation ended.  Also- I was just looking at my statistics over the last ten years, and I'm on track to have the lowest amount of blogs published in a year.  What have I been doing this year?!  

1. The No Processed Sugar.  I did it.  I made it 21 days and then I went crazy and have been eating sugar like a lunatic since.  I like sugar.  I like baked goods mostly.  I love cookies and pumpkin muffins and brownies.  Do I eat candy?  Yes.  But you know what?  I don't love it.  I know.  That's some crazy talk because I do love chocolate.  Here's what I've noticed- I will eat the heck out of it, but if I really stop to think about it . . . I don't actually love it.  I like it, but frequently I find out the actual flavor of it is . . . too sweet.  I think that's why I love baked goods.  I can make them as sweet or not as sweet as I like.  I can determine the texture or other flavors that are involved.  

2. I HATE Daylight Savings Time.  I woke up at the old 5:30am time (but my phone showed 6:30am) I did school work, made a delicious breakfast and spent the entire morning wondering . . . what time is it?! Except- it's not the entire morning.  It's only 9am.  I'll go to bed at 8:30 tonight because I'll be so confused.  It'll take me days to adjust to what time it really is.  I mean- I have a pretty rigid personal rule that I must eat by 6:30 or my entire world goes topsy turvy.  Now I'll have to eat by 5:30.  That's entirely too early.  That schedule is all wrong.  Do I eat a good snack to get me to last until the new 6:30?  Or just eat early?  Oh goodness.  The troubles and dilemmas I face.  I mean, honestly.  

3. The other day I had a seriously traumatic event.  I may have mentioned a time or two . . . I'm afraid of birds.  Do I appreciate them?  Yes.  I put feeders out for them.  I plant flowers that will attract them and butterflies to my yard.  I enjoy observing them- behind my windows.  I like to make up stories about drama between the crow family and hawk family.  If a bird is near me, or in a building with me . . . I'm going to be an irrational, overdramatic nut.   I like them from a distance.

So I took Dixie (the puppy) out for her last potty trip of the night.  I opened up the front door, she walked out, I followed and as I was standing on the porch . . . I heard a noise and felt something hit the back of my neck, and I started screaming.  It's like 10:30pm.  I had been attacked by the bird that sometimes sleeps in the wreath on my front door.  Why do I insist on putting a wreath on my stupid front door?!!!! I've had a bird fly out at me before- I know this can happen.  But I forget.  So there I am, still able to feel what that flapping felt like- right near my hair.  The bird was flapping it's wings on my hair.  I'm dancing and squealing and Doug meanders to the door, peeks out and says- "Everything okay?"  I relay what happened- but I'm pretty panicked. I'm laughing, but I'm kind of crying too.  My legs are starting to feel like jelly.  

Y'all.  What if that bird was possessed by the devil and attacked me for real?  Doug doesn't have my back.   He never opened the door all the way. He left me out there on the porch to fend for myself.  Realizing I was all alone to fend off any potential Devil Birds, my jelly legs wobbled me down the porch stairs and out into the yard.  Then I came inside and got ready for bed and tried to ease my racing heart- but I still felt the wings flapping on my neck.  

Again- the troubles I face.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .