I'll Just Blame Doug

I got sun burnt today.  I forgot sunscreen when Alexa and I went to Andrew's baseball game, and then again when we went to the pool.  I keep sunscreen in my pool bag, so I never forget it.  However- because of Doug- I took the sunscreen out of my pool bag.  It's his fault.

See- it goes like that.  In the summer time- Doug is super boring.  He does not do a good job entertaining me.  He's what we refer to as, a "Twelve Month Employee," which means he does not have the summers off, like a typical teacher.  The school system has summer hours of Monday- Thursday 7:30- 5:30.  He leaves in the morning- when it's my quiet time and there's still no talking to me.  And when he comes home, he's been around people all day and wants to have his quiet time.  While I hate that he wants his quiet time- I get it. I need quiet time when I get home from school too.  However, while I get it- it doesn't mean I like that he doesn't entertain me,  and because I get bored after long days of being with my kids.  L O N G days of being with them, I tend to leave for extended times to visit people.  In summers past, I took Andrew and Alexa, and would go visit people.  But this summer Andrew is too cool for me, so Alexa and I have been to visit.  I just got back from my parents's house- where I packed my sunscreen in a backpack.  See how this is Doug's fault?  He has a job, he doesn't want to entertain me when he gets home from working 10 hours, I took the sunscreen with me in a different bag, and he probably distracted me when I was unpacking, which prevented me from putting the sunscreen back in it's proper place, and that's how I forgot the sunscreen, which lead to me getting sun burnt.  

If only this was the end of Doug's list of troubles he caused. But because I was sun burnt, I wasn't thinking clearly or able to problem solve.

Since Alexa and I went to the pool, and realized upon getting there, that we didn't have sunscreen- we didn't stay as long as she would have liked.  So, she was a little frustrated with me- I mean her Dad- because this is all his fault.  When we got home, I watered my flower pots, and realized that the hibiscus DOUG bought me for Mother's Day has apparently been a delicious meal for some deer traipsing through my yard.  Well, because I was so annoyed with the dang deer (that Doug lured to our yard),  I was more short tempered than usual with the stupid hose.  I swear there is almost nothing more annoying than a water hose.  I was working myself up into a Grade A Temper with that dumb hose! By the time I got inside, I was sweaty and flustered.

So, to recap: Doug has a job, needs quiet time, I'm needy, and don't unpack thoroughly, so the sunscreen wasn't in the right spot, and now my shoulders and face are sun burnt.  And there you have it people!  If you work hard enough, you can blame your husband for everything!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .