I Deserve an Award for Meritorious Use of a Thesaurus

I decided it was high time to clean out the freezer after I bought something, and had to cram it in and close the door real fast, and hope the door sealed so everything didn't defrost.  We used to have a deep freezer, but I got rid of that because that's where food went to either: get freezer burnt, due to length of time in there, or rot because when I was shoving more stuff in there- I didn't close the door well enough and everything melted.  Or I used it to store secret stashes of treats that I didn't want anyone to know about.  Either way- it was a waste of food and electricity.  It needed to go.

We’ve been making some good progress getting the freezer cleaned out.  We've been eating chicken, london broil, bbq, ravioli with meatballs, and I discovered some frozen peaches, which reminded me of a green smoothie recipe I wanted to try.

The last 5 mornings I have been enjoying my green tea peach smoothie.

You know the best part of a green smoothie?  I feel so . . . virtuous.  I am so upstanding!  A model for all- just look to me and I will lead you down a saintly path!!!  Check out this chaste, pure girl drinking her green smoothie- with only real, whole, organic LOCAL foods in it.  (for the record- this is the only time I would describe my mind as chaste.  We all know I have a very inappropriate sense of humor.  Antioxidants are powerful. and wiped my mind clean.  What can I say?)

You know what else is awesome . . . I actually got at least a serving of vegetables and fruits- but dare I say . . . two?!  Yes. I believe it's two servings.  And that's two more servings of fruits and veggies than I had all last week!!  A big handful of spinach, half a banana, and 3/4 of a cup of frozen peaches. . . I'm no expert, but that's like totally 2 servings.  (I am an exemplary model of nutritional goodness to my children.)   

Okay-  I was being silly and dramatic, but in all seriousness- I do feel really virtuous.  I do feel more energetic. I do feel pretty stinking impressed that I- who might go longer than a human should without veggies- am actually getting some in . . . before 8am none the less!!!!!  I'm going to keep it up I have a bag of strawberries and blackberries that I plan to use up in my next recipe which will be a Berry Mango Green Smoothie (with chia seeds!).  Once I use up all of my frozen goodies . . . I hope I don't lose squeaky clean mental image of myself.  It'd be a real shame, but I could use a thesaurus to find a ton of other words to describe my over-dramatic self.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .