My First Grade Crush

Recently the New Kids on the Block, 98 Degrees, Boy Band summer concert came to Charlotte.  My sister and I were texting about it.  We agreed that, while neither of us were that into those bands, we felt like we were missing out on something fun.  

It's hard to believe that I wasn't that in to those bands, my family won't believe it.  They've always made fun of my horrible music taste.  Ok, some of my choices aren't that great (Britney Spears for example), but mostly I just have weird taste.  I will jam out to Black Sabbath and then the next song I'm singing along to the Indigo Girls.  

When I was in first grade, I was in love with . . . Neil Diamond.  
This Neil Diamond.  The one with the sparkly shirt and satin scarf.  I wanted his record for Christmas.  I probably listened to it a thousand times.  "Cracklin' Rose" and "Song Sung Blue" are 2 of my favorite songs- still, to this day.  Back then I loved "America" too.  

Some of y'all had "normal" crushes and I loved Neil Diamond.  I'm not sure what this says about me, but I don't really want to know- unless it means I'm a genius.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .