She's Not So Bad After All

Ever since Alexa arrived on our scene, Andrew has claimed that a little brother would be better.  I have been unable to convince him that sometimes little brother's can be real pain in the rear ends too.  He's insisted, a little brother would be WAY better, until last night . . .

Last night we went with our rec league to the Charlotte Knight game.  There were lots of parents, coaches, and kids that we knew.  We sat in front of a couple of brothers from another team.  They were 8 years old and . . . maybe 6?  The little brother was bugging the hell out of his big brother.  He wasn't doing anything, that any other little brother has never done before.  At one point, he was dropping ice cubes down his big brother's shirt.  There was a LOT of tattle tailing going on.  I was laughing.  (Other kids misbehavior is always funnier than when it's your own kids.)

At one point, Andrew leans over and whispers, "Man, they're doing a lot of fighting!"  I replied, "It's what you and Alexa sound like!"  Then I added, "He's doing exactly what little brother's do."  Andrew looked . . . for lack of a better word . . . stunned.  Then he says, "I changed my mind, I do NOT want a little brother!" 

When we were on the way home, and both of them are in the back seat laughing and carrying on like freaks, Andrew says, "I guess she's not so bad after all!" 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .