Is It Possible, To Be This Much of a Dork?

The other day I took my class out walking around the track on the football field.  We like to do this on days when it's warm.  Sometimes we walk all together in one big clump, sometimes I walk by myself and let them talk about . . . whatever it is they like to talk about when I am not around, sometimes a few walk with me and a few walk ahead or behind.  This particular afternoon, I had about half of them walking with me and the others were all ahead of us.  I don't know what was up, if it was them or me, but holy cow they talked until my ears were buzzing! 

On the first trip around the track, we trash talked each other about which one of us could lift up this gigantic dump truck tire.  I guess the coaches are using these gigantic tires for the boys to practice lifting them.  I don't know, but they're huge.  Laying down on their sides, they probably about come up to my hip.  In all honesty- they kids started it with me.  Saying , "Oh Mrs. Latta I bet you can't pick up that tire!" and that variety of thing.  So . . . I respond back, "Oh sure I can!  I can totally lift that.  It's y'all that can't!  I'll show y'all the next time around that I can too, lift that tire!" 

There's no way I can lift those tires.  No way at all, however, there is a regular old car tire laying there nearby (which I am pretty sure none of them saw and I plan to use that as my way out.)  As we approach the tires on the second trip around, the trash talking is getting pretty intense.  (My class LOVES to trash talk!  Holy smokes, you better have some thick skin).  So I walk over in the direction of the tires, and the kids are just carrying on, "You can't pick it up, you're weak! blah blah blah"  Well then I bend over to pick up the small car tire and they're really giving it to me!  I am so pleased with myself, because I have definitely found a way around their trash talking.  I am gloating about how much I rock as I lift up this little tire.  I am holding it up in both of my hands, and as I get it up over my head . . . a whole bunch of old rain water, rains down on my head and sweater!!!!!  The kids are beside themselves with laughing at me.  I am bent over, laughing at myself- wondering, "How can I be this much of a dork?!"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .