Doing Projects Around the House

I am super exciting- and do wild and crazy things like: clean out my email inbox.  Organize my YouTube playlists, and this morning I cleared a TON of pictures off of my phone.  Since I cleaned those pictures off, I discovered a bunch of pictures that I had been meaning to do blogs with.  Since I have been TOTALLY slacking on blogs- I figured I better take advantage of inspiration when it happens. 
We have been getting all kinds of projects done around the house- even before quarantine was even a thing. 

Project #1: We put in a patio off of our screened in porch.
Doug had been wanting this one completed for years.  We decided it would be a great Christmas present to each other:

Before
During
Still During


Final product

Project #2: Bathroom Storage
I randomly decided to do this one day. I'm pretty proud of this one, because I did a lot of it all by myself- with just a little bit of help from Doug. I decided to do a small alteration to the kids' bathroom cabinet. I wanted them to have a convenient place to store the toothpaste/brushes and junk like that. 

See that long fake drawer?  It's a real storage spot now.

Took it off all by myself!!

I attached those white containers mostly by myself.  Doug had to help a little bit because it was awkward working in there.  But it has been brilliant and keeps the kids' toothbrushes off the counter!

Project #3 Update the fireplace area
Another project we worked on (again- this is all before quarantine- I just remembered I took these pictures). We put tongue and groove boards up the fireplace wall to add some interest.  This was not as easy as you'd think mostly due to the paint situation.  So- when we had the house built- the whole house was painted a lovely shade of . . . barely grey.  As it turns out that's not the actual name of the color. I don't know what the actual name of the color is.  But it's more of a blue grey.  Except that's kind of cool. I wanted a warm grey.  If I changed to a warm grey I would have to change the entire living room/kitchen/dining/entry way (as they're all attached because it's an open floor plan).  I did NOT want to paint all of those rooms and I probably couldn't convince Doug we wanted to hire someone to paint them either.  Finally, I settled on a color and the boards went up.  
Before 

During 

Almost afterwards.  We have actually finished all the boards down the entire wall.  But Doug is going to caulk and I'll touch up some paint. 

Since we did this all before quarantine even hit . . . what could we possibly have been doing during quarantine???? Oh- don't worry.  We've been plenty busy with yardwork, painting kid bedrooms, and we're about to make the chicken coop.  The projects never stop here.  Just ask Doug.  I'm always cooking up something. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .