Wait- I really am an Adult!

I am hopefully buying a new car this summer.  HOPE.FULLY.  Doug keeps putting me off, but I'm pretty determined.  Why?  Well . . . in exactly 3 years we'll have another driver in our house.  And that potential other driver is pretty determined to drive- already.  With another driver, we'll have another car payment, and teenage boy insurance payments (which will be like a mortgage, from what I understand).  With all that to consider, we should get my car payment out of the way, so we're not going broke every month.  When you look at it that way . . .

I have been thinking about this for months.  I started a spreadsheet of the cars I think I would like.  On the spreadsheet I compared each car: price, cabin size, gas mileage, engine information, and other details that are important to me.  I have done hours of internet research on each car, gathering the information, reading reviews, and marking cars off. 

I'm pretty sure I know what car I want.  I've been checking local dealerships to see if there are deals, or anything that I need to jump on.  We went to a few dealerships on a Sunday (I HATE dealing with salesman.  I'll sell myself on the car.  When I'm ready to wheel and deal- I'll do it, but I'm not ready yet), to get up close and personal looks at the cars.  We found a few cars open,  (??!!) sat inside, and checked out the interiors.  The kids input marked another car off the list. 

Finally, I went to test drive this past week.  On the way, I got really nervous. I was talking to my mom, and I said, "This is like the most adult thing I've every done!"  Wait- what?  I am 42 years old.  I adult everyday.  Test driving a car is what makes me feel like an adult?!  Yes.  Somehow test driving a car is what makes me feel like an adult.  I don't know what I feel like when I'm driving my children to school, and reminding them about being good, and focusing. I don't know what I feel like when I grocery shop for my family every week, or schedule doctor's appointments, or when I've signed a stack of documents to have a mortgage.  I don't feel particularly adult though.  Those sound like adult activities, how could I not feel like an adult ?  I don't know, but hopefully I get to do some pretty fun adulting in the next few weeks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .