Peter, Paul, & Mary

I don't know if I've ever told this story, but it's a classic tale of what a goober I am.

My freshman year of college I discovered Peter, Paul, and Mary.  If I Had a Hammer was one of my favorite songs!  It was so catchy.  I just sang it and sang it!  

When I went home at Christmas, or on a weekend, or sometime- I somehow got to be the chauffeur for my sister's first date.  I believe my mom was with us, when I played this song, as I drove my mom's mini-van with my sister and her date.  I sang "If I Had a Hammer" LOUDLY- more than once.  I was probably the most embarrassing, horrifying sister EVER.  It didn't twist the chains of fate too much- as 6 or 7 years later, my sister married that boy- I sang dumb hippy songs in front of. 

She's still married to him.  I still do dumb annoying things in front of him- but that's how I show love and affection.  My sister in law received some embarrassing, awkward love from me too.  It's who I am and what I do to my siblings. It makes our bond stronger- by overcoming the challenges I present to them.  That's what I tell myself anyway. 

The other night, Alexa had a chorus concert and . . . one of the songs was "If I Had a Hammer!"  Oh my gosh!  I smiled the whole time (plus the CUTEST 18 month old was in front of me, and I watched her like a weird creeper).  I always smile when I hear this song.  I mean- I know the lyrics are all about peace and love, but it's a fun, silly memory for me that always makes me smile (and sing for the rest of the night). 

Apparently, right now Peter, Paul, and Mary have some type of cosmic message for me that has not yet been revealed, because I have had yet another encounter!  They were a clue in one of my crossword puzzles this morning!  What is the universe trying to tell me?!  Peace, love, and harmony?  I hope it's not to use drugs (Puff the Magic Dragon), maybe it's to leave on a Jet Plane?!!! I like that one. I hope it's that I've got to leave on a jet plane, somewhere warm, sunny,  and tropical with fruity beverages served at swim up bars. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .