Revenge, a Dish Best Served . . . In a Salad?

Doug claims he had no idea he was committing such an atrocious, foul, crime.  I beg to differ.

When cleaning out a bag this morning, I stumbled on a 1/2 opened bag of Tropical Skittles (they weren't old).  Jack POT!!!!!  I hid those bad boys behind some bread on the kitchen counter and proceeded to graze on them while I made lunch and started prep work to make this week's Mason Jar Salads for mine and Doug's lunches.  (Total side note: if you're not on the Mason Jar Bandwagon . . . YOU SHOULD BE!!!!!!!!!!).

I was down to the last 5 Skittles: 4 pink and 1 purple.  The very best flavors of the bag.  I got distracted and forgot about them for a bit.  When I went to get them . . . they were GONE!  There's only one person in my house that was tall enough to see them behind the bread and at the back of the counter. I stomped out to the deck (where Doug was enjoying his lunch) and berated him for stealing the last 5 Skittles.  I couldn't say all the things I wanted to say because Alexa was sitting there with him- looking a bit stunned at her crazy mother.  (I am ashamed to admit that as soon as Alexa turned her head, I gave Doug The Middle Finger. I completely forgot about that other kid that lives in my house. Needless to say, he was a bit surprised, somehow he has been oblivious for all of his life to my frequent flyer Middle Finger.)

I was rather annoyed about those last 5 Skittles, especially the pink ones.  I mean, I had been saving them!!!!  Doug claims he had no idea that they were the last ones.  My opinion on this is, IT DOESN'T MATTER!  There is no circumstance in which a person should take pink Skittles!!!!!!  If he's going to take MY Skittles, he should take the gross flavors: green (although- in the Tropical pack, I like all the flavors.)

Well, I returned to the kitchen to work on the Mason Jar Salads.  This week's salad is the Taco Salad. Oooh I love this one.  I put avocado in mine.  (Side note again: my avocado stays green until Thursday and I made them on Sunday!  It's some type of miracle that I don't understand, but that is the very definition of a miracle).  The Devil on my shoulder led me towards a brilliant idea.  Mmmm pink Skittles.  Doug ate the pink Skittles. Mmmm avocado.  Doug hates avocado.   I will hide one small piece of avocado in all of Doug's salads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That Devil is BRILLIANT!

The lesson here is: don't eat my pink Skittles.  (as a side note: do NOT feel bad for Doug.  1. He got the last of the Skittles 2. He had his lunch for the week made!)

I wrote about Mason Jar salads last year, here's a link Mason Jar Salad.
Here's a link to my favorite Mason Jar Salads: Organize Yourself Skinny Mason Jar Salad Roundup


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedded Bliss . . . Ten Years Later

A True Artiste

Let Me Count the 13 Ways . . .